Saturday, February 15, 2014

Recipe of the month: Spaghetti Bolognese

I just went through my book of favourite recipes and thought that I really ought to share some with you guys, they are so great. Besides, cooking is kind of like crafting with food, so it even sort of fits the theme of my blog ; ).

When it is cold and nasty outside, I don´t want salad, I want carbohydrates. And I think that as long as they are mixed with vegetables, all is good. So I made my favourite Spaghetti Bolognese, a recipe I got from a friend. Spaghetti Bolognese is pretty good even with the simplest recipe, but this one is simply mouthwatering!

For four persons, you need

3 onions
3 carrots
3 cloves of garlic
400 g/ 90 lb champingnons
about 400g/ 90 lb of ground beef
1 tube of tomato paste
3 cans of tomatoes
sugar, salt, pepper,
200ml / 2 cups of beef broth
basil leaves

1.Cut the onions and carrots into small cubes and fry them in olive oil. Add the ground beef and  crushed  garlic. Clean the mushrooms with a paper towel, cube them roughly and add them as well.

2. When all is well fried, deglaze with the beef broth. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, a little salt, pepper and sugar.

3. Let it simmer for 1/2-1 hour - the longer the better!

 4. Add basil and spices as you like.

Serve with fresh! grated cheese.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Everyone single one makes me smile like this :DDDDDDDD!